Orlando, FL – Here’s a one suggestion for keeping your air conditioning unit running at peak performance this summer, clean air ducts. Air ducts need to be cleaned periodically. Following are a number of maintenance and basic cleaning tips to keep your cooling and heating systems up and running smoothly all year round:
Air filters require a lot of care and regular maintenance. Follow these guidelines to keep your filters in good shape:
- Primarily, be sure to use high efficiency filters for your system. The filters should be of the right size and fitted properly to make sure that there is no air passing from the sides.
- Do not use the cooling or heating system if even one of the filters is missing.
- Change the filters regularly as suggested by the manufacturer.
Change them more often if they get clogged or get dirty too quickly or if you live in humid areas like Orlando, Florida.
PREVENT THE AIR DUCTS FROM GETTING WET
Due to condensation, it is very easy for the ducts to accumulate moisture; however it is not good for the air ducts as it can lead to biological growth like fungus or mould. The moisture can get into the duct system if it wasn’t properly installed or serviced. It can also get wet due to breakage or leakages. Condensation near or on the cooling coils is one of the primary factors for moisture contamination in the system.
It is important that you immediately get the water damage cleaned and the leakages repaired. Avoid using the system until the damage has been repaired.
- Make sure that the condensate pan is draining properly.
- Cooling coils are designed to remove moisture from the air, so be sure that it is operating properly.
- Check the cooling coils and the insulation near it for any wet spots.
- Check spaces like attics and crawl spaces and other areas that are non-air-conditioned to make sure that the ducts are sealed properly.
A/C TIPS AND TRICKS
Following are a few tips and tricks to keep your air ducts and the system well maintained and clean until your next scheduled professional cleaning:
- Get your system cleaned every time you get it repaired.
- When purchasing a new system make sure that it is compatible with your air duct system. A unit too big will keep on cycling on and off and wouldn’t be able to remove the moisture efficiently. Vacuum your house regularly using a high efficiency vacuum cleaner.
- Make sure that your system is closed off and properly sealed off during renovations and constructions to make sure that none of the debris or dust gets into the air ducts.
- Make sure that you keep your house free of pests and rodents, as they can easily find their way into the air ducts and contaminate and infest your system as well as your entire home.
If you need more information about our air conditioning and heat pump services
Please contact us at 407-290-9517
ABOUT A-1 HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING, INC.
A-1’s staff has been providing honest HVAC services since 1987. Our Central Florida company has its main office in Orlando, FL. A-1 Heat and Air Conditioning, Inc. is proud to serve residential and commercial customers throughout Central Florida.
Written by A-1 Heat And Air Conditioning
A-1 Heat & Air Conditioning, Inc. was founded in 1987 in Orlando, Florida serving Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties. Steady, continual growth over this 27 year period in indicative of A-1 Heat & Air conditioning’s stability and longevity…this offers assurance to our customers that we will be around to stand behind our service. If you are looking for a contractor to perform commercial or residential HVAC work or if it is time to upgrade your old air conditioning unit to a new high seer system, A-1 Heat & Air is ready to take on the task.
We provide exemplary air conditioning and heating services through out Central Florida. From single installations to complete office maintenance, we offer sales, repairs, maintenance and service on all types of heating and air conditioning systems. A-1 Heat & Air Conditioning, Inc. is committed to helping you save money in your home, whether it be through preventive maintenance to your existing system, or by recommending a new system that could possibly save you up to 50% on your electric bill.
We are members of the Better Business Bureau in each respective area of service and the Air Conditioning Contractors Association. Our goal is to provide the very best in sales, service, installation and maintenance. Because our quality control standards are high, our Service Technicians are among the best in the business. Our goal is to always deliver honest and reliable service. We want you, our valued customer, to be happy.